DIY safety pin ring

9.10.2012




A while back, I used to think of safety pins solely as punk rock details if worn pinned on clothes or as an accessory. Recently, I started thinking of ways I could incorporate them into more elegant outfits. In my opinion, this is the perfect deal: I got a delicate piece of jewelry but with not too obvious punk rock touch. These can be worn separately like in the photos above or in a finger party, combined with all the other rings you own.

For this project you'll need:
- safety pins, choose sizes and colors to your personal taste
- pliers

Although the images are pretty self explanatory, I'll describe the process anyway:
1. For the yellow gold ring, you'll need at least two safety pins, it depends on the size of chosen pins. I ended up using four small ones. Using pliers, start bending the safety pin in the shape of your finger. Do the same with every pin you'll use. When you're done, just pin them together creating a closed circle.
2. For the silver ring, just bend the safety pin(s) to desired size. Done!


31 comments:

Loulou said...

simply and so cool.

Oh, I just did the same ring :>

Anonymous said...

predobro je :D

ICA said...

Odlicno, evo na stolu mi stoji puna casa zihernadli, dva sam napravila prstenaa! Hvala:):*

Ally said...

This is so simple but so cute. Great idea and beautiful pictures (as usual).

random cat said...

zanimljiva ideja. bas sam trazila ideje ono prstenje koje se nosi iznad zgloba, ovo bi moglo da posluzi. hvala :)

Marija said...

Super fora ;)

Rahilka Lili Mitrovic said...

Jako mi se dopada!
Uradiću!***
AMO LUSSO

Federica R. said...

what a cute idea haha

http://www.ginaddict.blogspot.it/

Jovana said...

Ovo je odlicna ideja! :)



http://fallforfall.blogspot.com/

Sophia// dearreina.com said...

These are great!
Neat little idea.

Maja Sanela said...

Hmmm, mudro... Thumb up! :)

http://sparklyget.blogspot.com/

Ashley Garner said...

I love this! So easy and so genius!!!

Karina De Jesus said...

what a coincidence - Jenni from I SPY DIY made me and a few others a safety pin ring at the ifb conference as well. I love it, great idea!!!

street art _life style & fashion & co. said...

bas je cool a jednostavno :)))

Dubravka Dodig said...

Premoćno,super ideja!

Anđela Vitorović said...

Odlično izgleda! :)
Mnogo mi je drago da smo se upoznale u nedelju. :) :*

Vienna Wedekind said...

woooo this is such a cool idea! make me one?

Heartbeats from Vienna Wedekind

duckalicious said...

dobar ti je blog! =)

Kendra Alexandra said...

Such a cool idea!
Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now!
Would you like to follow each other on GFC??

Kendra
xx

www.stoleninspiration.com

Ohhh by the way we have a great giveaway on at the moment!

The Realist said...

masta moze svasta! odlicno, svaka cast! super djeluje

morganvsmorgan said...

Hahaha, ok so when i first saw the title of the post I thought it said "DIY safety pin" and i was like okay....thats sort of inane and unnecessary. & then i reread it and understood hahaha. This is really cool, definitely going to try this.

Mademoiselle K. said...

Wow! Great idea!

Saphira Thenalia said...

GREAT BLOG...
every post have a meaning! you got it dear ;)

saphira-t


Célèste Brott of Fashion is Evolution said...

OH my gosh, this is so cool. I'm definitely making one.

Sofía Martínez López said...

Great idea! I love simple DIY's.

Stills said...

Super fora! Moracu da probam da napravim :)

www.stills.rs

sara xoxox said...

this is SO clever! i have to do this! :D
love your blog, i'm following :)

http://sarablahblah.blogspot.com

xxx

Printingtextil Natasha said...

Beoma interesantna ideja, nisam videla do sada

WOM∆N.M∆DE said...

Very inspiring blog, I am glad I discovered it... Look forward to more DIY's soon! xo Stephka

Soul of a fashionista said...

Wow so cool. Your blog is so simple but yet so beautiful. Loved it. I followed so I hope you can follow back!

Soulofafashionista.blogspot.com

Xo
G

Marie said...

this is a good idea! i like that

Any thoughts?